Tuesday, August 7, 2012

[8/5/12] - HF News


The edition you are currently reading is the 103rd full edition. To read any older editions of HF News, please go here.


[Image: jba1spITkcOXLN.png]
New groups
Both Empire and The Creed have made their first secure payment to Omniscient and will soon be set up and become official. The new group price is now raised to a massive amount of $4000. To view Omniscient's tweet click the following link: http://goo.gl/Vw3AP

Money tab
A new tab has been added to HF called "Money". The money tab contains four different subforums which are all relavent to making or spending money. To view the new tab click the following link: http://goo.gl/NlQFU

Rhythm removing members
Earlier this week the official music based group Rhythm decided to clean out inactive members and start fresh with their active participating members remaining.

Bulgaria in block list
Most likely for legal reasons Omniscient has decided to add Bulgaria to the block list. To see Omniscient's post confirming this click the following link: http://goo.gl/6MzvR

[Image: jHAVGLpCK2X3O.png]
User News
Mr. Anderson proposed to his girlfriend and is getting married this fall. Wish him congratulations here.
Kray was added to all of the user groups by accident, including the administrator user group.
Crow is celebrating his birthday this week. Wish him happy birthday here.
Genuine's probational period as staff is now over.
Cody‍, redpois0n, and Renowned reached 10,000 posts. Congratulations!
Diabolic reached 20,000 posts.

Repfucks
Bans
Awards
Яǝʌǝɹsǝ got the Drunk award.
Convict‍ got the YouTube award.
Existence got the Master Donator and Hustler awards.

Group Leadership Changes
EKNOZ is now a group leader of The Creed.
Born is now a group leader of The Creed.
xDowwdeen is now a group leader of The Creed.
Syperus is now a group leader of The Creed.
Detroit is now a leader of The Empire.
630 is now a leader of The Empire.
Ηades is now a leader of The Empire.
Tibit is the owner of The Empire.

[Image: jC7Qf9JqwY96f.png]
malichi - The Air We Breathe

Robert Hawkins - Atheism isn't logical.

Argoi - Why is gravity just a theory?

Vike - Have humans stopped evolving?


[Image: juGD7pFSr607C.png]
Interview - Secrets

Phytrix: Welcome, Secrets, to the 104th edition of the HF News. Before we get into it, any shoutouts?
Secrets: Yeh, I'd like to shout out Diabolic for being a maniac but a bro :) Also iNviz for being a bro (:

Phytrix: They'll be happy to see that, I'm sure. I'll head to one of the more standard questions before we get into the controversial stuff :). What brought you to HF, and what kept you on HF?
Secrets: Well, I've been on HF for a bit more than a year. What really got me to HF was the term "RAT" aka (Remote Administration Tool). It's why I'm addicted in the Hacking Section really. I enjoy helping as well so it's why I stayed.

Phytrix: Sounds like you've helped plenty of members. You're involved in 4 groups; Red Lions, Rhythm, Valor, and Respawn. Respectively, what roles have these groups played in your time on HF?
Secrets: Well, I've been in many groups and left a few. They've actually helped me become a better person. I'm glad to be in them as they've helped me become who I am today. Since being in a group requires work, it's gotten more easier and not become a hassle for me. I log on, and am actually quite impressed with myself knowing I helped someone with something. With Red Lions, we strive to make HackForums a better place one post at a time. It's something I'm aiming to do. It's a great group. Valor, It's a new group but it was the same as RL and BK (Black Knights) with the FA (Forum Assistance) I never had any trouble with it; like I said I enjoy aiding members no amtter what their rank is Ub3r,Leet, or regular. Astonish is a very cool guy, my respect to him. Sucks he's losing interest but hopefully he'll be back. He's doing changes to Respawn and I think it's cool. I met some very cool people there and all around the groups I've been in.

Phytrix: Thanks for the very detailed responses, and feedback. I agree that the work more than outweighs the benefits for most groups. Best wishes to Astonish from myself as well, and hopefully his interest does spark up again. Offline, if you don't mind sharing, what are your hobbies/interests?
Secrets: No problem. I've had a quite a rather large list of interest really; had to drop a few as it was all chewing up my time. I enjoy: reading
football (American), writing, sleeping aha (;, going out, giving advice, music and many other things I might have forgot.
I do play sports at times, some organized and some just for fun. I play Baseball, Football, hockey, volleyball in my backyard and then I also have a pool table. I occasionally swim at the local pool around my local area. Ah, almost forgot to add I've been training out lately so hitting the gym became an interest for me. ^_^

Phytrix: Well, sounds like you have a lot going on. Secrets... definitely a name which strikes interest. Is there any particular story behind it?
Secrets: There are many, I mainly chose the name after my mom. She's a very hard working women and I'm very grateful I have her as a mother. It's a long story and not sure if you'd like to hear it.

Phytrix: I see. Some personal things are best to keep that way. Your signature has the caption in it "It takes as much stress to become a success as it does to be a failure", which is very true. What do you define as 'success'?
Secrets: While in school, before summer. My History teacher showed us a video. When you want to be succesfull as much as you want to breathe, that's when you know you're successful. When you can go 2-3 days without sleep working on something then you know it's worth it. Feeling pain but knowing in the end, it'll be all worth it ...I mean think about it... You're already in pain, why not keep going and feel a bit more pain? Success doesn't always mean winning, least what I like to believe. I believe that sucess comes when you fail something but get right back and attempt again and again. Basically, never stop trying but keeping pushing upward and further.

Phytrix: Wow... such an insightful take on the topic, and such powerful quotes. In relations to HF, if you could change some things, what exactly would you change?
Secrets: Well, There are quite a few things I'd like to see changed or at least modified to work a bit differently. Three things, that I wished to see improved are :
-Contact System
-Reputation System
-Rules
Contact System: Usually, people say use the contact system to members whose accounts have been stolen,lost passwords or simply lost access to. It's not veryful useful and I understand staff have things to do as well, I was wondering maybe a new specialized team for the job or so.
Reputation System: Well, I mean everyone knows how it works. Really no point in needing to explain. Hopefully something is done and fixed by the new Vouch system that Omni will get around to.
HackForums Rules: By no means, do I have a problem reporting posts but it's just ridiculous really. There's been so many threads in in-correct section (I get it, some people don't understand) It's fine really, but those unreleated posts and topics aren't needed. There's been an increase in people bypassing 35char and filling it with LQ along with trolling. I don't see the need where people must have a good false sense of feeling of "trolling" other users.
In the "Requests for Hacking" I wish something was done as well, We get it. HF isn't your personal army but please understand that they're simply asking for help and if you can't help them then please don't respond uneeded replies.

Phytrix: I'd definitely have to agree with you on many of the points that you made. I'm aware that all staff members are trying their best, and are doing an amazing job, but small things like this will offload the stress on their shoulders, and make things more smooth. What are some morals that you live by, or follow?
Secrets: Well, I learned to know that we're humans. We all make mistakes but what we really need to do is learn from it and move on. My grandpa told me that and he's right. Learn and live. Doesn't matter how many times you fall, what really counts is what you can do about it to get back up and keep trying. I wake up every morning knowing today I will do something productive that won't set me back. That's what gets me through the day and I *fuck up then so be it. I learned a lesson and I now know whether to go in that same path or not.

Phytrix: So very true. You can't build off-of your mistakes if you don't know what they were! What are your views on social networking now-a-days, and do you use any of the mainstream ones (Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, etc.)?
Secrets: I believe it's a great way of communicating really. I mean sure some might miss the normal gathering but heck we still meet up at times.
Facebook : Great way to make new friends really but one must be careful.
Twitter : Don't really use it, only at times when I find an interesting quote.
Tumblr : Don't have an account but some interesting pictures pop up on Facebook aha.
I've met a few girls on Facebook, and I'm mainly on Facebook more than all the other social media.

Phytrix: Technology surely is overtaking our generation. Some of the stuff that it's created has been complete blasphemy, some of the outcomes, quite pleasing. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction, after all. I'd like to thank you for joining me today, Secrets. Any final thoughts/comments?
Secrets: You most certainly are correct. Ugh, I had a rush load of thoughts but all I can think of right now is to all of HackForums member, don't let anyone beat you down or tell you that you aren't good enough. Take it as a challenge and prove them wrong. I like to shout out to Glassy and the Red Lions for having me in such a special group and everyone have an awesome summer and enjoy life (: Because you can only live it once.
Thank you for having me Phytrix.

Interview - iHydra

Phytrix: Welcome, iHydra, to the 103rd edition of the HF News. As with all interviews, I'll firstly give you the opportunity to perform any shoutouts to your friends, accomplises, or other people who've made a lasting impact on you during your time here on HF.
iHydra: I would like to thank everyone who has helped me throughout my time on HackForums. A shout out to Glassy, a wonderful leader for Red Lions, for helping out the forum and being a great member and leader as he is now.

Phytrix: I'm sure that Glassy will appreciate that. Why don't you enlighten us on what brought you to HF, and what kept you coming back?
iHydra: Well, I have a twisted story really; I will keep it short and to the point though. I had a account back in 2008 and I joined because I was looking for some Game Hacks and once I got what I came for, I left. Later in 2010, I tried to recover my account and turned out that my account had been pruned. I created a new account and from there I contributed to the community, did free services and lots more. Until now, I help and contribute to this forum. I would say it defiantly pays off.

Phytrix: That's definitely a nice story. Ashame that your account was pruned, although it's also nice to see how well you've recovered. As vivid gamers would be aware, you run, or prominently participate, in a MW3 clan called NCIS. How's the clan going, what have you accomplished so far, and where do you see it going?
iHydra: I one day came up with an idea to create a clan, named it NCIS and started recruiting. The clan is doing well now. We have become decently big and popular that we are going to be spreading the clan towards not only MW3 and soon Black Ops 2, but also Battlefield 3. In all honesty, I could see it going pretty far with enough effort from the clan members, leaders, and I.

Phytrix: Well, NCIS definitely seems to be going in the right direction. While we are on the topic of gaming, what, in your opinion, makes up a good game?
iHydra: I like shooter games so for me I would like a game to have multiple components. A good game would include modern weaponry and technology including a fun and exciting multiplayer.

Phytrix: Yeah, no-doubt that technological shooting games are among the more popular. There is an obvious great debate around the topic of PC vs console gaming. What is your stance on it, and why?
iHydra: Console gaming has its pros and cons. I personally would go more towards PC but because computers don’t support games such as BF3 and MW3 without paying more than $300, I would see why console gaming would be liked more. I have a broken Xbox 360 and a 2nd Generation 80Gb PS3. I play PS3 and PC equally. I’m currently playing a PC game called Day of Defeat: Source while typing this. :P

Phytrix: You've been a member for almost two years, and have since become one of the more respected and well-known members on HF. You are also a member of the prominent 'Red Lions', a group reknowned for its quality. How's Red Lions going for you, and how's your HF life going?
iHydra: Red Lions has been doing great for me, one of main reasons I am still active on Hack Forums. My HackForums life is doing good, I enjoy it here and hope it lasts long.

Phytrix: Browsing through your post activity, one would realize the variety of sections that you participate in. Apart from the gaming sections (CoD, MW, Black Ops), and the Lounge, which are favored over other sections from the looks of things, how do manage to stay so active in such a huge variety of sections?
iHydra: The Graphics Forum has a lot of interest in me. When I first start doing GFX, I would host free GFX services for everyone, and I would get many requests. I have slowly been being less active in the GFX section because of many things going on in my life now.

Phytrix: Hopefully you recover, and continue to strive with graphics. While we are on that topic, which section(s) are your favorite, and why?
iHydra: The main three sections are Graphics, Computing, and Webmaster. The Graphics Section has a lot to offer you and you can help with many small things in there too. As for Computing, I try my best to help with computer issues that one may be having. I run the NCISClan Forum and here and there get into running my small little websites on my http://www.nitrogfx.com domain. I one day plan on having it become a big site but for now, I am just having fun with it. So that is one of the reasons Webmaster is my favorite.

Phytrix: Sounds good. What are your views on the controversial topic of video/music piracy? Do you support it, and why do you take that stance?
iHydra: I support it all the way. I do not do much of downloading music because I have Spotify but I feel that the Internet is growing daily and anyone by now can download anything they would like. I personally do not see why it is a big deal; people still buy CD’s and such from stores, iTunes, and other shops online or retail. There is no way to stop this, one way or another, people will share music, and videos with each other, and it’ll keep on going.

Phytrix: I can't say that everyone will agree with that, although I more than understand where you're coming from. It's going to happen, best we can do is restrict it for the sake of artists. Anyhow, I'd like to thank you for joining us today iHydra. Any final thoughts/shoutouts before I let you leave?
iHydra: I’d like to thank you for choosing me today, and that’s all for now. It is an honor to be interviewed. Have a nice day.

[Image: jTNhWwab1CFHJ.png]
[Image: kqPta.png]



[Image: jl0EswX4V4jJf.png]
Curiosity may not kill the Cat
NASA's Curiosity rover reached Mars today, and has landed safely. Since they couldn't rely on airbag systems for the landing, due to it being such a small craft, they used a new, untested system of maneuvers, propulsion, and parachutes. It appears that we are on Mars again, and we hope to learn much more about this "sister" planet. So far, the 2.5 billion dollar mission seems to be a success.

The Dark Knight Rises in Revenue
The Batman trilogy, led by Warner Brothers has finally come to an end with "The Dark Knight Rises." Throughout all three movies, the quality and storytelling of this company has been impeccable. This is its third weekend in theaters, and it still retains its number one position, with 36.4 million dollars in receipts. So far, its domestic total hovers around 355 million dollars. A real home run for the Warner Brothers studio.

Rich Romney
July has been a busy month for the Republican candidate, Mitt Romney, he has raised over one-hundred million dollars in his fight for the presidential seat. Now, keep in mind, that this is only for July. Overall, it is speculated that he has control over roughly one-hundred and eighty-five million dollars for his election campaign. The democrats are starting to worry about being outspent, as Obama has less of a financial edge when he is taking in much less than Romney. For a man with millions in the Cayman Islands, maybe he is his own secret donor?

[Image: jbnJDqXKVJiOjS.png]
Apple
With the rumor that broke out last week saying that Apple will be unveiling it's next model of the iPhone (iPhone 5) on September 12,2012, people's interest towards trade-in programs have increased a lot. eBay said that nearly 100,000 smartphones were offered up for trade-in by people. It also said that among those, iPhone 4s-16 GB tops the list followed by iPhone 4-8 GB and iPhone 4s-32 GB.

Spotify
Spotify is now on all Android smartphones and tablets. They have launched an app for all the android users. With this app, you can now enjoy on-demand music as a premium user or you may enjoy listening to radio as a free user. This application requires users to log in either with the Spotify credentials or with their Facebook account. Once they're logged in, the app directly takes them to the playlists. Now users can enjoy listening to their music on the go with their own Spotify account.

Twitter
Gizmodo, Twitter's staff has his account compromised this past week by a group of hackers known as "Clan VV3." Gizmado's account has had about 415,000 followers. The breach wasn't allowed to last long. However, it lasted long enough to send racist and offensive messages to the account's followers. Clan VV3 claimed that they were able to access it once they had compromised Mat Honsan, former employee's account.

Google
Google announces it's new service as an Internet Service Provider known as "Google Fiber" last week which involves optic-fiber connection and can offer upto 1 GB speed. From it's announcement of service to Kancas City and Missouri, the response from people has been really huge. People are being asked to pre-register this service for a $10 fee. About 23% of eligible people from the two cities has already pre-registered for Google Fiber.

[Image: jbjo5C8ZAaCfSc.png]
Lil' Wayne Goes on Rap Hiatus to Pursue Skateboarding
Lil' Wayne now has a new love for skateboarding that’s taking him away from his rap career. Lil' Wayne is now ready to fade into the background of the rap game. He thinks that it would be good for his fans to get a break from him. He also could use the peace. Lil' Wayne is opening his own “DEWeezy Skatepark” in New Orleans on August 29th. He will have his own  line of skater shoes coming soon.

Music Video of The Week:





Member Submitted Videos:











[Image: jKQ5rwMHo9quw.png]
This is basically my own little corner to type up my thoughts and some standpoints on different topics.
---
Our commitments have a powerful hold over who we, they play into how much of our lives are led. I know people who are completely terrified of committing themselves to anything. They don't have relationships, can't hold down a job, ruin their social lives, and don't do anything beyond their living requirements. Yet, I also know people whose daily lives are completely controlled by their commitments, 24/7. It's an interesting balance, where what we do, can either define us, or refine us. There needs to be some kind of check or balance to allow ourselves freedom, but not complete loss of responsibility. Which is why I urge people to try new things, and do what they enjoy, as it helps them control their lives, not be controlled.     

[Image: jbdTi8oysSZ1ey.png]

"How do you feel about the Olympics?"

"I like the Olympics. Not just for the games, it is so multicultural. It's good
to see a lot of different countries competing, even though the less popular
countries usually lose in most sports, it's still good to watch. I like the Olympics
because there are so many sports to watch, sports that you usually can't turn
on your T.V and watch, for example Table Tennis or Badminton. I mean, when
do your national T.V channels broadcast them? (that's right, never). There's
approx 30 different sports I believe, even Synchronized swimming. So basically
there is a huge variety of sports to watch :D"

-Hello Friends

"Although I am not really bothered about the actual viewing side
of the Olympics, I think it's good for the country hosting it. The city hosting it,
most of the time, makes a profit which obviously helps the city and it also brings
in a lot of fame and tourism for that city. Also, it creates thousands of jobs for
people in that city. It brings a sense of pride to the people of the city/country
and overall, I think the Olympics is a good thing!"

-Brock Obama

"The Olympics strikes me as being a immense time and money waster in terms
of presentation and society. I thought that the Olympics were designed to represent
international cooperation, promote good sportsmanship give a chance for countries
to showcase their athletic ability/ prowess and generally give the world something
to be proud to be a part of. Instead, the message I received from the London2012
opening ceremony struck me as being less of a real opening ceremony and more of
a pissing contest, as if to say, we spent $42.3 million on our opening ceremony, beat
that whoever comes next. And China was even worse with reported spending of over
100 million dollars. The amount of time and effort that goes into patriotic spending
and showing off how good a country is could be better well spent on more deserving
things, like perhaps foreign aid, or better health care. But that's just my opinion. That
having been said, the rest of the Olympics does seem to showcase those redeeming
factors which I believe the competition is supposed to represent. It's only really the
immense drain on resources for decoration that I really object to."

-Harry Dresden

"I think it will do our society some good and bring in much needed money,
but the risk of terror attacks are quite scary but i have noticed they have alot of security
there and even some army just to be safe. I wouldnt be going to any events even tho its
only down the road from me the ticket prices are to high but it would have been nice to
be part of it."

-nullstar

"I feel the Olympics are great, especially for England to host them for a third time now.
I believe the leadup to the games and the games themselves give the people of our country
a chance to get involved in a quite frankly once in a lifetime event."

-Winner

The topic for next week is "What do you think of the two new groups?"

To send in your entries for the next edition, PM Sir.



[Image: jbatvBgH1Vli7e.png]
[Image: jKlX2rto72k9Z.png]



[Image: j1AUE1oYr068J.png]

[Image: pwmMK.png]

[Image: jHKTEXQf9ipTQ.png]



[Image: jboTqTPiJCRRa2.png]
Please Give Feedback on the Sound Quality, GFX, and Length.




[Image: jbxAIvN3j9rdSS.png]

HF News Team

No comments: