Tuesday, March 26, 2013

[3/24/13] - HF News

The edition you are currently reading is the 135th full edition. To read any older editions of HF News, please go here.


[Image: 2mZa1]
Social Networking Forum Added
Site Owner Omniscient has added a new forum this week called Social Networking, and can be found under Service Offerings. This section should consist of YouTube views, Facebook likes, Twitter likes, and more. Omniscient thought it would be appropriate to add a section like this to clean up the marketplace subforums. Omniscient also said, "Anyone wanting a paid sticky in the new section can get a discount of $15 per week for the next 2 weeks to help kickstart the forum". You may see the official thread by Omniscient by clicking here.

Official Group The Empire Userbar Change
Official usergroup The Empire has had a long overdue userbar change. They have kept their old userbar for quite some time now, and finally thought it was due for a replacement. Their original group color scheme, purple and silver still remain as well as the horse. Feel free to see the userbar itself here: http://bit.ly/10vUANM. If you're thinking about joining The Empire, recruitment can be found here; http://bit.ly/Zit9pu. For those who are wondering what the group is, The Empire is a group of high quality members who will share knowledge throughout their sub-forum and with the rest of Hack Forums.

Black Shadow's Goal to Donate 2 Million Dollars to Charity
Black Shadow has made a thread announcing his goal of donating two million dollars to charity. He claims he is going to be selling his software to make that kind of money. Black Shadow claims he is donating the two million dollars to the animal shelters to stop the animal shelters from being closed down in his area. He also made a very true and generous point which was that charity should come first, as oppose to a Ferrari. The official thread can be found here: http://bit.ly/WN2r8q. This is very generous Black Shadow, good job.

Enforcing the In-Game Trading Rules
Site owner Omniscient made an announcement this week regarding the in-game trading and virtual currency rules. He made it very clear that in-game trading must be kept in the marketplace even though it isn't real life currency. For example, you cannot post threads relating to this in the RuneScape subforum. That should be kept in the Virtual Game Items subforum. If you want to sell virtual currencies or items, you should use the Marketplace Appraisal section.

[Image: 2mZ9m]
User News
Repfucks
Bans
Awards
  • mad received the Master Donator award.
  • mad received the Gold Medal award.
  • Pali no longer has the Rich Bitch award.
  • Pali received the Cool award.
  • Connected received the Asswipe and Brony awards. At least you're honest.
  • Diabolic received the Star award.
  • ViN received the Master Donator award.
  • KyleWTF received the Sticky Man award.

Group Leadership Changes
[Image: 2mZdd]
Rapids - [TERROR] [Easter Giveaway] Huge Contest - Over 40 Winners - $300+ Worth of Prizes
Eternal‎ ‎‎ - Who's your rival on HF?
#Skyline - ♛ Remote Administration Tools ( General Knowledge, Guides, Setups ) ♛


[Image: 2mZeG]
Interview - plausibility

CarrotMilk: Today, for the 134th edition of the Hack Forums news, we've oinked ourselves an interview with plausibility! (You'll understand that reference if you look at his username history!) Before we begin, would you like to make any shoutouts?
plausibility: Well, I would give one to my long-standing friend Huey, but for whatever reasons he has, he's been avoiding this site ever since his account got banned months ago. So I'm here all alone.

CarrotMilk: Awwh :( That's a sad way to start! Anyway, I usually like to begin by asking; what was it that brought you to HF?
plausibility: I originally joined back when the Terraria modding scene was hot. A friend of mine I had met was releasing his client over here, and asked me to come check it out, tell people it was cool and what-have-you. Shortly after, I moved over to the Minecraft and Minecraft/Griefing section, and I've stuck ever since.

CarrotMilk: That's cool! Like myself, I a lot of your posts are in the coding sections. Were you interested in programming before joining HF? What keeps your interest alive?
plausibility: Well, I originally started programming waaay, way back when Minecraft classic servers where the real deal, so I was programming commands and mods to the server software in C#. I then transitioned to writing mods for Terraria, which led to meeting my friend which brought me here.
What keeps my interest alive? I'd say a sort of passion to learn, to expand what I know. If I don't know how to do something, or it's not easy, I'll find out how to do it, write up a wrapper/app to make it easier, and throw it on my GitHub.

CarrotMilk: And what's the big picture here? I mean, what do you see yourself doing in the future, with this in mind?
plausibility: Well, my end goal is to work at somewhere like Google. I know some people who work there, and a few weeks ago, a recruiter emailed me, so I'm obviously on the radar. I suppose I'll take something like a Computer Science or Computer Engineering degree, see where that takes me.

CarrotMilk: What do you like to do for fun? ;D
plausibility: In my spare time I find and write 0days in software. I'm currently sitting on one with some government enterprise level software. Can't disclose details for obvious reasons, but it's a serious fucking exploit. I also go camping with my school friends and girlfriend.

CarrotMilk: Funny, in all this time that I've known you, I still don't know where you are! Where you from, bud? How is it over there?
plausibility: I'm from a little suburb in the middle of nowhere in Australia; nearest to Sydney, I suppose.
It's pretty good, the weather is fairly crazy though. Freezing cold and rainy one day, blistering heat the next.

CarrotMilk: Pfft, you can't complain about the weather and live in Australia! That's just sad :( Do you see yourself still frequenting HF in, let's say, 2 years time?
plausibility: It's fairly likely. It gives me something to do in spare time I have when I'm not in the mood to program.
I also secretly love skidding code from the PHP section, but you knew that already.

CarrotMilk: I still think that you should change your name back ;) What's with the new name, anyway?
plausibility: I felt like PigBacon wasn't mature enough, really. It originally started back when I started Minecraft in 2011, but after a while I just went for something which I felt was better.
Name changes are a one way trip, buddy.

CarrotMilk: Pfft. CarrotMilk fo' lyf son! So, before we conclude, I'd like to ask: What do you think is the future of Hack Forums?
plausibility: I can see it going one of two ways. The first (and what I presume will happen) way is that HF will continue to get an influx of newbies weekly, each asking "how 2 hack faceb00k passwrds wit backtrack 5r3", and the other would be people just silently disregard those posts, and they move their low quality posts elsewhere, cleaning up (at least) the sections I frequently see that crap in.

CarrotMilk: I definitely hope it's the latter! I mean, you're always going to get new people coming in and asking these silly sort of questions, but as time progresses, those "noobs" eventually learn more and more (at least some do, anyway!)
I'd like to thank you a ton for the interview. Any last words to conclude? ^.^
plausibility: "640k ought to be enough for anybody" - Bill Gates.

Interview - #Sultan

Connected: For this edition of the HF News, I will be interviewing #Sultan! Before we begin with the in-depth questions, do you have any shout outs?
#Sultan: Infact I do, shoutout to: Tibit, Connected, SWG, Cryptic™, oh also everyone in Empire & Void.

Connected: Moving on to the classic second question, how and why did you join HF?
#Sultan: I first joined hack fourms looking for Stressers and other such tools. I also joined to learn a little bit about HTML, oh and of course... Hacking!

Connected: Have you learned anything since you joined? If so, please tell me about that!
#Sultan: I have learned so much, I'v learned how to use Grammar correctly, I'v learned about coding, but my biggest has to be servers/stresser. As I said before I came looking for them, now I make & Design them... Well at least I'm learning how to Design them, make them look good, the web pages etc...

Connected: What are your current opinions the groups you are in?
#Sultan: Empire: To be honest, it was my first REAL group due to the fact of anyone could get into Eminence, everyone in the group are so nice to each other, we get along so well, It's honestly like one big happy family, I love it!
Void: Can't say much about Void, I can say it's full of incredibly intellectual Member, It's usually a more serious scene in there, but we can have a laugh here and there.

Connected: How did you chose the username #Sultan and why? Is there an idea behind it?
#Sultan: The username Sultan; well it comes from two ideas, one meaning was from my gaming past; the SultanRS was a car in the Video Game 'GTA' or Grand Theft Auto. I used to be quite popular online due to the mods I used to make.
The other idea was that it ment King in the Arabic, I get PM's everyday from Arabic people asking me where I come from.

Connected: I see you're running a stresser here on HF. What are your opinions on the server stress business?
#Sultan: Indeed I do.
Well let me start by saying they can make A LOT of money if you know how to market them right, just buying a sticky for your thread can make a HUGE differnce.
I'm not going to comment on any other stresser on the Market now, but people can make mad money by running one!

Connected: What is your opinion on HF currently? Has it changed?
#Sultan: I love it, It's a great place.
There always seems to be changes. I seem to have noticed massives changes in the Groups Section. That's about it though.

Connected: Enough about the internet for now! Do you do anything IRL? Sports, hobbies, etc.
#Sultan: I do, for one I do 'land based skills' which is setup by a college near me, basically It's a bunch of mixed skills, from chopping down trees, to driving a tractor around a park. Haha!
I also do Football & Rugby.

Connected: Thank you for allowing me to interview you! Any final words?
#Sultan: Big up to the HF news!

[Image: 2mZg0]
This is basically my own little corner to type up my thoughts and some standpoints on different topics.
---
Religion. Sometimes, it just baffles me. The sheer fact that people can blindly follow where there is no clear path, just blows my mind. It seems as though logic has no place within these types of people, and I just can't understand it. Now, I'm not dissing religion, as there are perfectly acceptable forms of religion, but sometimes... it just gets out of hand. When religion has become more about power over others rather than bettering yourself and those around you, I just don't have a place in it. Hopefully the future will hold a realization for today's youth, that we need to truly examine all possibilities when it comes to life.

[Image: 2mZgt]

"What do you think of the new collection of forums under the 'Personal Life' category?"

"I believe adding the "Personal Life" section was a long time coming. Many
users were posting health questions, including workout strategies and diet
suggestions, so in came "Health Wise". Another category which should be
popular is "Pet Peeve" (don't let the name fool you) this sub-forum deals
strictly with our pets, which not surprisingly, many of us have. Also coming
into existence is "Education Nation" which focuses on school help/tutoring.
As expected "Innuendo" was merged into this new section, where it belongs.
I expect all 4 to continue staying active as HF grows as a community. So in
conclusion I would say the "Personal Life" addition was a great choice and
I look forward to helping as much as I can, stay HQ<3."

-Derrick Rose

"I'm pretty happy to see a Personal Life section, even though
I rarely post in it. Mostly I just lurk around that section cause I don't know
what to say. I have to say that at least there are more HQ posts in there
than the public lounge. Omni made a good idea in adding that, and it was
quite a surprise when I first saw it with 0 threads and unable to view anything,
few hours later 22,236 threads in it, I mean like, wow o.o Now hopefully, with
the more specific sections unlike the lounge, people can post specific things
other than asking general questions. I am glad to see this was added, pretty
smart idea."

-Voyager ツ

"The integration of a 'Personal Life' category into HF is a wonderful idea. It
successfully transposes all the threads that belonged on Omniscient's other site,
'www.supportforums.net' to a much larger audience. This move also drastically
limits the number of threads in the Sports World (For Health Wise) regarding
personal health, and not actual sports. The same can be said for SRPP and
Education Nation. I like having as many sections as possible, so long as they
provide some value to the community by making it clear where certain threads
should go. 'Personal Life' really does that, and I believe it was an excellent
addition to the forum. Next up, I'd love to see a subsection to that subforum
discussing rants, or things people just need to get off their chests, but don't
want to post in the lounge for fear of being trolled / flamed."

-Valderino

"I think the new section of forums will be very useful to the
organization of posts put in the lounge. I have been always wanting to make a
thread detailing my weight loss in the past two months, but would not want to
put it in the lounge because of obvious reasons, but this gave me a place where
trolls would not be abundant, and would be exterminated quickly if shown. I really
like the amount of people posting about their efforts, and problems in the Health
Section, I love looking at people's pets in the Pet Peeve section, and like being
helpful in the Education Nation section. In addition to the new three sections, I
find it very good they moved the innuendo section, as it was also ridden with trolls,
I think the separation from the lounge will deter them. Overall, all three of the
new forums were asked for, and Omni listened. I just wish Omni would ban
drug discussions."

-Kray

The topic for next week is "What do you think of the recent changes? Such as the Social Networking section."

To send in your entries for the next edition, PM Sir.



[Image: 2mZgV]
[Image: iJy633QMhExTH.png]



     
[Image: 2mZjf]

[Image: mordorComic.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSI...4089108425]

[Image: 7KZqdyu.jpg]

No comments: