Thursday, October 25, 2012

[10/7/12] - HF News


The edition you are currently reading is the 112th full edition. To read any older editions of HF News, please go here.


[Image: jba1spITkcOXLN.png]
Rap Battles And Hip Hop Subforum
Last week, the Headlines discussed the possibility of a Rap Battles section being imposed. After all of the positive responses on the thread posted by Omniscient, he decided to add this forum earlier this week. The subforum lies under the Melody, Harmony, Rhythm and MP3 forum, alongside the Dubstep subforum. It was named "Rap Battles and Hip Hop" and has already taken off smoothly, with almost 3000 posts and well over 150 threads already! Although, Omniscient failed to come up with a description and offered HF users the chance to come up with one. There have been 300 posts in this thread so far and plenty of competitive entries. This thread can be seen by clicking on the following link: http://goo.gl/DWVlX

Group Forums Rearranged
A minor change occurred earlier this week in relation to group forums and was explained briefly by Omniscient on Hackforums official Twitter mid-week. As stated, it's "no biggie", although news is news. It was stated that group forums were rearranged to be listed according to post count and popularity. This was to simply clean up the group tab, and although it isn't anything major, it's good to see that Omniscient is paying attention to detail in relation to the site. Even though it was stated 'post count and popularity', it seems that post count is the major factor in this arrangement. The Group and Crews General Discussions forum still holds the top spot, although Positive's group, Rhythm, holds a close second place and hopes to sweep the top spot in due time.

Group Recruitment
This week has been prime time for applying to join those groups which rarely open up recruitment. Some of the most well-renowned groups that aren't solely invite-only have opened up strict recruitment, allowing any member who meets the requirements to apply to join. To browse for official recruitment threads, users can view the Group and Crew General Discussions forum under the group tab. This week, Graphic Masters and Respawn continued their recruitment which has been running for quite a while. Rhythm closed their recruitment thread after almost two weeks of having it open. The HF Wiki team (Writers) continued their recruitment, although the other partition of the Writers, HF News, also opened recruitment for a few select positions. It seems that recruitment for the HF News is just about done, although there may be time to rush over for last minute applications. The Alliance and InFaMoUs opened up recruitment earlier this week, which is a relatively rare occasion for these groups. The Alliance isn't taking any ignorance or slack, as shown when they had a 30-minute suspension period for everyone due to multiple members failing to read the application process listed in the original post. Head on over if you wish to apply to join a group!

Reinforcing Rules
Week in, week out, you see on this very thread users being repfucked and banned on a regular basis; and that's only well-known members! Why, you may ask? Sure, some members are banned for innocent reasons, such as vacation bans and whatnot, although most bans/repfucks are simply for breaking rules. I strongly suggest that, even if you feel you are a master and know every rule there is to know, you read the Help Docs and try to better familiarize yourself with each and every rule. If you are not sure about something, don't just go ahead and do it; check that it's allowed. On top of this, be sure to read section rules and guidelines before posting or making a thread. If you don't, you'll regret it. Even some of the more well-known members choose to disregard this or think that they are above the law. Sorry to break it to you, but rules are much like laws; they apply to everyone. A prime example would be the case of Pocky. For those that didn't know this user, he had well over 2000 reputation and is one of the top posters on HF (top 5). Despite this, Pocky was still repfucked and banned (for 3 months) by Omniscient for breaking the rules earlier today. This shows that rule breaking isn't taken lightly and does indeed apply to everyone. Don't be a fool and get yourself banned.

[Image: jHAVGLpCK2X3O.png]
User News
630 reached 1,000 reputation points.
Mr Kewl is now a Mentor! Congratulations!
adampelletgun reached 10,000 reported posts.

Repfucks
  • Pocky was repfucked for over 2000 rep (largest repfuck ever, stated Omniscient).
  • Isolate was repfucked.
  • mybboss was repfucked.
  • Reptar ツ was repfucked.

Bans
Awards
  • Sir received the Diamond award, what a badass.
  • Judge Dredd also received the Diamond award.
  • Mark Webber received the Da Bomb award.
  • Strange Leader received both the Master Donator and Ass Kisser awards.

Group Leadership Changes
  • KyleWTF is now a leader of the Empire.

[Image: jC7Qf9JqwY96f.png]
Mr. Anderson - How Romney Failed the Entire Presidential Debate
d3vill0ck - Men or Machine to lead your country?
ChRoNiC™ - Can someone explain to me why America is such a good nation?
nickpick41 - My teacher mind fucked me. Is it true?


[Image: juGD7pFSr607C.png]
Interview - Thrust


+Entity: For the 112nd edition of the HF News, we have Thrust as our guest today. Any shoutouts you want to make to the readers?
Thrust: Yeah I would like to give a shoutout to my main man Glassy and my amazing friend Cody.

+Entity: They're both great people. How did you come to be close to those guys?
Thrust: I became close to Glassy when he approached me in my 1 Year HackForums thread. We're both from the same area and live close to each other. I became close with Cody when he started helping me with Vitality.

+Entity: How did you get started with Vitality, and do you think it's turned out how you wanted it to?
Thrust: I got started with Vitality because I wanted to celebrate my birthday with something special, so I started Vitality and planned it 2 days on my birthday and the group went live on my 15th birthday. I was in Florida and I started getting graphics made, people to help out with the group, etc. I think it turned out amazing. For the month of September we had tons of giveaways and tutorials. Vitality died out but I'm bringing it back better than ever this time.

+Entity: Glad to see Vitality is making a comeback. You've been in a lot of official groups, what has your experiences in them been like?
Thrust: I was in over 10 official groups up to now. My experience has been amazing in each and every single one. I got invited personally via PM in 5 or more of those group as well.

+Entity: Out of them all, which has been your favorite group and why?
Thrust: Ah my favorite group, It would have to be either Reverence, Respawn, Propitious or Infamous.

+Entity: And why is that?
Thrust: I still remember the same exact day, same hour that Propitious was made, It was me and TheHackersLove in a Skype call talking, I was helping him w/ a phone issue and I just said, "Dude check the fucking Group Memberships." That was when he seen that it was official and I got invited the first hour or so that it was created.
I had been in there for a few months after creation, Me and iNviZ and TheHackersLove grew a bond, but sadly later on me and TheHackersLove got into a argument here and there and our bond broke, Everything between me and iNviZ is still fine, Wish everything was still fine w/Me and THL though.

+Entity: I suppose it helps to have personal friendships to group leaders. Are you sad that official groups are done being sold on HF, and have you considered buying WiFi's group?
Thrust: All people think like that. "Suppose it helps to have a personal friendship to group leaders..." It doesn't help, it would only help if the leader is a complete retard. It's fine knowing the person but don't invite them just because you have a personal friendship w/ them, I tried to get into 143 and a few other groups before and the leaders even denied me "I tell all my friends the same thing", It's not a personal thing it has nothing to do w/ friendship at all that's my perspective.
I was thinking of buying WiFi's group, but my house burned down (1 room) and repairs costs over $1,000 out of my money that I was screwed out of. I decided to help repairs and not a official group on HackForums.

+Entity: I hope your housing situation is better now. Spend your money on something a little smarter... how did you have that much money in the first place?
Thrust: I had about $2,500 saved up from working, I work fixing computers, I buy and resell phones, I sell phones etc, I do tons of things.

+Entity: Do you have any regrets about things you did on HF as a whole?
Thrust: Yes, I regret getting into a fight with TheHackersLove and I regret doing things to get me repfucked multiple times.

+Entity: We all have regrets about things. But what has been your bright moment on HF?
Thrust: My brighest moment on HackForums is when I got perm-declined for ub3r.

+Entity: Lol. Turn something bad into something memorable. To wrap this all up, do you think that HF has changed with you having been around in a good way?
Thrust: Yep, my group did a major impact with doing basically the most a group has ever did in a month, with so many contributions and giveaways, same goes for me. I'm glad I got declined, show's other people you don't have to be ub3r to go far on HF.

Interview - Kr4z1

Phytrix: Welcome, Kr4z1, to the 112th edition of the HF News. As always, any shoutouts before we get into it?
Kr4z1: Shoutout to the oldfags of HF, you know who you are.

Phytrix: I'm sure they will be happy to see that, if they can comprehend the true meaning of 'oldfag'. Anyhow, tell us about your HF life.
Kr4z1: Haha alrighty... well, where to begin. I joined during late 2008. I was a young kid then exploring the XBL scene and my friend Intent and Aaron spoke of a site where we could make money off selling booters and stuff. Well, my first registered account was something like "KraZi is OdG" and I failed at trying to earn money because I wasn't really known on the site and I didn't understand the concept of rep. So, I quit browsing HF and made a new account in late '09, roughly a year later. I was hell-bent on making a name for myself, seeing as my Xbox life was getting rather boring and I wasn't in school anymore. I spent hours making helpful threads, doing giveaways and doing account upgrades. I also had a LOT of reported posts. One thing led to another and I got a PM from Jesse about 2 months before Halo Reach came out and he asked if I wanted to become Staff. Ofc I said yes! I was an active Staff member for about a year... and then I went inactive again. When I came back Jesse asked me to step down. I agreed. I couldn't browse HF like he needed me to. I still can't. (note: his old account was merged by iBF due to hacked emails - join date taken from old account)

Phytrix: How did being a Staff member change your HF life, or you as a person? What perks stood out and what was most memorable?
Kr4z1: Well, I gained a load of rep at once (not like I need it anymore). As a person, I spent more time on the site than I ever did before. Hours, days, weeks.... constantly doing reports. Doing reports are basically all that matters to a HF Staff member. Dealing with everything else as a Staff member comes second to doing reports. The perks were amazing. Being able to ban and warn was an amazing perk, but by far the best perk out of all of them was the ability to repfuck someone. =) That was my favorite button! The most memorable thing about being a Staff member was actually becoming one. Before I was invited I had recently exposed the ex-Staff member Yin as the scammer/infecter he was. I showed full proof to Omni and everything. It was a real shocker for everyone. Shortly after that I got the PM from Jesse!

Phytrix: Exposing a Staff member (especially one as prestigious as Yin) must've taken some work. What skills did you have to use to expose him (DOXing, DDOSing, RATing, etc) and what exactly did you expose him for? What led from his exposure?
Kr4z1: I was reputable member of sorts then. I was also very helpful. I always a full Inbox of members asking questions of sorts. One member came forth and tried explaining to me that my friend "Yin" was a scammer. And yes "my friend Yin" is correct. Yin and I were extremely close before I exposed him. I took the lead from this kid who apparently had "proof" Yin infected and scammed him for all his money. At first I was hesitant to believe this; I mean, Yin was a highly reputable member and he was also in HJT. I looked over the facts and I brought this to the attention of the Staff member, most of you know him as an Admin, F8! He also had reasonable suspicion that Yin was a scammer and an infecter. Backdooring his products, doing Ponzi like schemes, etc. I worked closely with F8 to make a video alongside a huge scam report which I uploaded for Jesse and I was given permission from F8 to take full credit in exposing him. I felt bad later for Yin but what he did was unacceptable. He stole literally 1000's of dollars and infected many HF members.

Phytrix: Wow, that's definitely quite an amazing story. If someone asked you to pinpoint your most memorable moment on HF, one that stood out to you most of all, what would it be?
Kr4z1: Hands down... the moment I read Jesse's PM explaining he was inviting me to become a Staff member was single-handedly my most memorable moment on HF. I was so damn excited. I locked myself in my room and stayed on HF for 17-18 hours trying to learn how to work the MOP CP. Haha.

Phytrix: Haha, nerdgasm's at their finest! Well, where are you today? You are obviously no longer a Staff member, nor are you as active as back when you were, although you still tend to hop on HF. What are your future plans, both IRL (if you feel like sharing) and on HF?
Kr4z1: Tbh, I'm trying to become steadly active on HF, but I think becoming a Staff member and working so hard to stay as one really burnt me out. Also, you have to take into consideration that the HF I was extremely active on is not the same HF we browse today. ALL NEW FACES, some old ones, but too many new ones for me to keep up with. I'm working on my 3rd year of college after the new year. After my 4th year I want to try to look into going to med school possibly. HF... I try not to plan what I do on HF. I kind of let it take its own path. Whatever lies in front of me in the future on HF is definitely not planned.

Phytrix: Well, good luck if you do decide to go to med school. Being an oldfag yourself, you'd surely be able to spot what has changed on HF since. Do you think HF is better or worse now compared to then and why?
Kr4z1: Honestly, I think HF has seen worse days than what you may experience now. The lack of "spontaneous" content is what really drives me to taking these long breaks from the site. The older HF was more relaxed, less rules and less idiots. HF has changed so much. I know Jesse is making FAT BANK with all these upgrades, usersgroups, stickies, accounts gifts, Ads, etc. Just the whole shabang!

Phytrix: He'd surely be raking in the cash. Tell us about groups. What were they like back then (if they were even around back then), how many were there, how were they created, what were they, how have they changed, etc?
Kr4z1: There was very few groups and one of the first ones I joined was HJT. HJT is, I believe (don't quote me I'm probably wrong cause I'm too lazy to check), the only original group still around from the older generation of HF. I tip my hat to anyone who's in the group and who's graduated from that group. They do big things in that section and are probably the most helpful people I've ever met when it comes to PC security and safety. Anyways... all these new groups... I haven't even taken time to really look into them. Some seem very pointless, while others seem cool I suppose.

Phytrix: Are there any other changes that you've noticed? What do you think of the current Staff?
Kr4z1: All these new damn awards Jesse has added. I'm loving them lol. I wish I had the ninja award hehe. Current staff? There's some new staff members I really don't know. The only staff/admin I ever knew personally was F8, bugga, and TRRS. I miss them dearly. I owe them a lot.

Phytrix: Thanks for the interview today Kr4z1. I'll let you sign us off with any wise words, comments or issues that you'd like to address.
Kr4z1: Please HF skids, no more f**king shell booters.. FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS GOOD!!!!

No comments: