Saturday, October 6, 2012

[9/22/12] - HF News


The edition you are currently reading is the 110th full edition. To read any older editions of HF News, please go here.


[Image: jba1spITkcOXLN.png]
Vouch Begging Additions
It's been a slow week in regards to updates and site changes, although Omni still managed to pull a few public updates out of his sock. One of these is the reinstatement of the vouch begging rule. It is thought that this rule will be heavily enforced, and will help keep the Marketplace beggar free. Omniscient has added a 10% warning level for anyone who violates this rule, as well as a new report option labelled 'Vouch Begging. The rule has been added to the Help Docs. To view Omniscient's tweet on the matter, click on the following link: http://goo.gl/azmIK

Game Invites like OMGPOP
By constant request, spamming and further destruction of the Lounge, a new subsection under Gamers Lounge was added. This new subsection is called 'Game Invites like OMGPOP', and is as the title suggests, for game invites, such as the highly popular OMGPOP games (especially OMGPOP Pool). On top of this, the Console Gamers Haven was merged into the Gamers Lounge to cut down on semi-inactive sections. Hopefully this new section will help OMGPOP lovers unite, and removes a lot of invite threads from the Lounge, where they were posted since they require almost instant attention. To view Omniscient's tweet on the matter, click on the following link: http://goo.gl/GYyHw

Miscellaneous
As it has been a relatively slow week, there were an array of minor updates/changes which were introduced. In major news, AOL emails are finally back up, after various attempts made by Omniscient to get the email issue sorted out. Omniscient also joined HF members earlier in the week in a Tinychat. He posted the link on his Twitter, and the opening attracted many members to his unnamed Tinychat. Also, Omniscient gave us a sneak peek at what exactly he has to deal with on a day-to-day basis. "110 PMs sent by me and it's not even 3pm. Just an idea of how active and busy I am." I'm sure there has been a lot going on behind the scenes, as there always is, and apologies for the late edition this week, on behalf of the team.

[Image: jHAVGLpCK2X3O.png]
User News
Pocky reached 2000 reputation points! Congratulations!
Vexna is no longer moderator of the Hacking Tools section.

Repfucks
Bans
Awards
  • Cryptic™ received the Sticky Man award for making a thread on Habbo.
  • Chris received the FPS Gawd award.
  • Accident received the Sticky Man award.

Group Leadership changes
  • Legacy. is no longer a group leader of Respawn
  • TheVortex is no longer a group leader of Rhythm.
  • Phytrix is now a group leader of Rhythm.

[Image: jC7Qf9JqwY96f.png]
Strokes - Why Do Women Still Take The Man's Last Name?
ChRoNiC™ - what is so honorable about joining the army? i don't see it...
Mr Kewl - General Comparison between iPhone 5, Galaxy S3
Mr. Anderson - The Galaxy S3 beat's the iPhone 5 A6[updated TRUE benchmarks added]
malichi - Secret Video: Romney To Millionaire Donors


[Image: juGD7pFSr607C.png]
Interview - Gwamp

Phytrix: G'day Gwamp. Thanks for joining us for this interview, on the 110th edition of the HF News. Any shoutouts?
Gwamp: Thank you for letting me be interviewed on this wonderful day. I would like to give a shoutout to all my closest friends that has been supporting me from day one. Can't write all their names down since there is to many and if I only write one down and it wouldn't be fair.

Phytrix: Not a problem, it's an honour. Why don't you enlighten the readers on how you were introduced to HF and what activities you originally partook in?
Gwamp: To be honest, I barely remember how I got into Hackforums. I remember having an account on it and I just started from 0, 'till becoming L33t and now Ub3r. I started with nothing and barely knew anyone, I began to join upgrade contests and I won for the first time in my life. I was really happy that day but something was missing. Being :33t isn't that easy since you get reputation abused by Ub3rs that likes to negative L33ts/non-upgraded members.I became a marketer in the year of 2012 and still are from this date. I do enjoy gaming, and I do alot of marketing as I love making products and being into the sale/buying community.

Phytrix: Sounds good. I too can't remember exactly how I was introduced either, although I suppose that's part of the journey. You said you 'love making products'. What products have you made, and what skillsets do you need to produce these products?
Gwamp: I don't make the products. Basically, when you open a booter or something related, what you will need is materials such as Servers/API's, hosting, and a source, among other things. When all that is set, you can go ahead and sell the product. I have been selling Skype resolvers, booters, middle-man services (if you can call that a product), and Steam accounts (not my products but my accounts).

Phytrix: Sounds good. What is it that attracts you to marketing? Is it simply the income, or is there more to it?
Gwamp: What really attracts me is what is being sold and what's not being sold. I really have a lot of interest in booters. A lot of new ones are being opened and don't go well. Whenever something new is released in the Marketplace, I usually check it out. I rarely post on these threads, but I do check them out to see what it is and what they offer.

Phytrix: While we are on the topic of sections, what other sections do you frequent on HF and why?
Gwamp: I don't like The ounge that much, since most threads are filled with nonsense stuff that I don't like. I do hangout in the Marketplace and the group subforums mostly. Whenever something interests me in group subforums, I usually post in them. If it's something I find LQ or something that doesn't fit my interests, I usually don't post on them. I do like the Graphic section as well since I've always been inspired about how GFX works and how to make graphics. I once downloaded Photoshop and tried myself, but that didn't really go well. The Graphic/Group subforums/Marketplace are the primary sections that I visit.

Phytrix: You mentioned that you hang out in group forums a fair bit. You are a member of both Respawn and Illuminati, as well as Eminence, which are relatively renowned groups for their level of expertise in certain sectors (Gaming for Respawn, Marketing for Illuminati). How do these groups contribute to your HF life, and which groups have you been in previously?
Gwamp: I only just got into Respawn and I really love to be in the group as I love gaming and do enjoy it. The forum of Respawn has a lot of member contributions which I enjoy using. Eminence is a group that I barely look into as the group is falling apart. The Illuminati is definitely a group that I enjoy being in as it has a lot of opportunities to share what you have on your mind, and plenty of great things you can learn from and share with other members as well. It's a great group and definitely something that will be beneficial in my HF journey. I am in/have been in the following groups: Rhythm, Root, Eminence, Illuminati, Respawn, Logic, The Creed and The Empire.

Phytrix: As an avid gamer, which console do you prefer? Also, which games are your favourite, and why?
Gwamp: I'm a PS3 gamer as I enjoy using it. Also, most of my friends play on PS3. I do enjoy playing Call of Duty games as they are pretty fun. I also play GTA games. At the moment, I'm waiting for the new GTA 5 to be released as it's something I've been waiting for since its announcement. The game has some great new additions.

Phytrix: Sounds good. What kind of music do you listen to (genre, bands, songs)?
Gwamp: I have been a Hip-Hop fan since I was born. I do enjoy Hip-Hop and I listen to it every day. My favorite rappers are: Tupac/Notorious/Warren G/Nate Dogg and plenty more. I've been a Tupac fan since I started listening to his music. All of his songs makes sense and he speaks from experience. My favorite Tupac songs are: Dear Mama, Life Goes On and Ghetto Gospel.

Phytrix: You definitely listed some legends in that list. What is your view on the legalization of marijuana?
Gwamp: For me I think any kind of drugs should be illegal as it hurts you without you knowing it. Marijuana or not, drugs should not be sold or taken. It hurts you every time you take/smoke it.

Phytrix: I see your reasoning behind that, although what about medical marijuana?
Gwamp: If the doctors or whoever who has knowledge about the human body gives you a medical card, and you really are in a lot of pain, sure. There are plenty of other things you can be healed of or medicine if you aren't seriously injured, though. No matter what, drugs aren't healthy for you. Drug users have a much lower life expectancy.

Phytrix: Thanks for joining us for this interview of the HF News. Any final thoughts/comments before you leave?
Gwamp: Thank you for letting me being interviewed. Once again, it was a pleasure.

No comments: